Virginia’s Appalachia is ripe for the tasting, and Bon Appétit Appalachia! maps out fresh, local flavors for your road trip indulgences. Please your palate at 70 sites within Virginia’s Blue Ridge Highlands, Heart of Appalachia and Shenandoah Valley. For the ultimate tasting adventure (a bucket list by itself, really!), eat your way through the entire 205,0000-square-mile region along the Appalachian Mountains (Mississippi to New York).
When you spend three days along the Blue Ridge Parkway near Floyd, you can indulge in a delish dish from Bon Appétit Appalachia! farm-to-fork restaurant Oddfella’s Cantina, as well as the restaurant at Chateau Morrisette Winery. Extend your stay or mix in tastings from additional Appalachian wineries, including Abingdon Vineyard and Winery and MountainRose Vineyards.
When in Lexington be sure to see the historic Natural Bridge as you sip and savor your way around. Rockbridge Vineyard, Lexington Valley Vineyard and Southern Inn Restaurant are all Bon Appétit Appalachia! stops.
The Bon Appétit Appalachia! initiative is vast. Forks up and napkins down for all of the fantastic flavors that await!
FARM TO FORK RESTAURANTS
- Harvest at Mountain Lake Lodge, Pembroke (pictured above)
- The Palisades, Eggleston
- Third Bay Cafe, Martinsville
- The Red Hen, Lexington
- Southern Inn Restaurant, Lexington
- Maples Restaurant at Olde Mill Resort, Laurel Fork
- Southwest Virginia Cultural Center & Marketplace, Abingdon
- Key Ingredients Restaurant at Fort Chiswell Mansion, Fort Chiswell
- Rising Sun Breads, Martinsville
- Oddfella’s Cantina and Tapas Bar, Floyd
- Buffalo & More Restaurant, Riner
- Cuz’s Uptown Barbeque, Pounding Mill
- Harvest Table Restaurant, Meadowview
- Foggy Ridge Cider, Dugspur
- Wolf Hills Brewery, Abingdon
- Devils Backbone Outpost Brewery, Lexington
- Blue Lab Brewing Company, Lexington
- Big Fish Cider Company, Monterey
- The Damascus Brewery, Damascus
- Attimo Winery, Christiansburg
- Stanburn Winery, Stuart
- Virginia Mountain Vineyards, Fincastle
- Rockbridge Vineyard, Raphine
- MountainRose Vineyards, Wise (pictured above)
- Lexington Valley Vineyard, Rockbridge Baths
- Mt. Vale Vineyards, Galax
- Chateau Morrisette Winery, Floyd
- Beliveau Estate Winery, Blacksburg
- Abingdon Vineyard & Winery, Abingdon
- Coltsfoot Winery, Abingdon
- West Wind Farm Vineyard & Winery, Max Meadows
- Vincent’s Vineyard, Lebanon
Additionally, the map outlines farm tours, festivals, and farmers markets that deliver fresh tastes and first-hand culinary experiences. Download the map (22 Virginia sites) or navigate online to see all 70 Virginia sites.